This is a beautiful project that is currently in the middle of renovation. We completed all the dirty work. I picked her up in Mississippi in February 2020 from a guy who bought it to sell. It was in North Carolina, I believe, for years just sitting. The Shell and frame is in excellent condition. We did a full demolition of the interior. Got rid of all the 80’s cabinetry. Nothing worth saving.The shell was cleaned and stripped of the clear coat and trim. Ready to be polished to that shiny mirror finish!
Once we got rid of everything we weren’t keeping, we cleaned up the frame, replaced about half of the outriggers, and painted it with Eastwood Rust Encapsulator Platinum. I wanted the frame to last another 30+ years. and she will!We put on brand new aluminum for the belly pan. Stuffed the floor with High-Quality Hemp insulation rated with an R value of 21.Our plan was to get a composting toilet, so we chucked the black tank. The fresh and gray tanks were still in great condition so we kept those. I added electric heating pads to each, as well as See-Level 2 sensors. Also have the read out display for the sensors as well.She has a brand new plywood subfloor. I coated all the edges that go in the c-channel up to about 1 foot into the center with Total Boat Marine Epoxy. The rest I sealed with an oil based water sealant.About half of the C-channel was replaced.Installed Brand new Dexter axels, each rated at 6,000 lbs. So she’ll be able to handle up to 12,000 easily. She also has a new dexter 3 inch lift kit installed as well as new brake assemblies. I’ve also ran the brake wires. When replacing the outriggers I made a mod to the frame and widened the wheel wells 3″ to accommodate bigger tires. So some mods still need to made to the shell to fit.It is towable but will need temporary lights attached.All windows are in great condition. I had planned on resealing them just so they had fresh seal, for peace of mind.There are a couple panels on the rear end cap that have some corrosion holes in them when i bought it. I hadn’t decided what I was going to do whether replace them or try to patch it. But I’ve taken $3,000 off the value of the trailer to be able to buy new panels if you choose.
Visit https://www.chasingthewildwonder.com/buyserenity for more photos and info