Get ready to enjoy the fun and adventure of the easy to tow, and fun to use 2017 Airstream RV Basecamp 16!
Basecamp® was RVBusiness™ Magazine’s 2017 RV of the Year.
We currently tow it with a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 w/ 6200 lb. tow capacity. We originally towed it with a 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser V6 with w/ 5000 lb. tow capacity. Both tow the Basecamp easily without an antisway weight equalizing hitch.
We have used it for several trips from southern Utah to Moab UT and Fruita, CO for mountain biking. It handled the grades on the highway to Fruita, CO with ease. It has been to southern CA and the bay area in CA on two occasions. Towing it through the traffic in Los Angeles, CA was easy.
Other than the longer trips we have used it for many shorter distance trips. It has never given us a problem.
It is in excellent mechanical condition.
It is in excellent cosmetic condition except for a crack on the inside of the bathroom door. We’ve booked the replacement of the bathroom door with a new door for the week of September 13th.
It is up to date on 3 factory recalls.
• The front windows offer a panoramic view.
• The side windows open for cross air flow ventilation.
• All the windows have very thick zip up blackout shades for privacy at night and to stop heat gain when you are away for the day.
• Factory solar panels to allow back country camping using the 12-volt electrical system.
• Air Conditioning unit also has a heat strip for mildly cool days.
• Electric and LP auto-switching full cabin heating system through 2 ducted vents for colder days.
• Electric and LP auto-switching water heater.
• Electric and LP auto-switching 3 cubic ft refrigerator
• 2-burner cooktop, stainless-steel sink, and microwave.
• Wet bath has a porcelain toilet and a pass through for shower head/hose panel for outdoor showering/cleaning.
• Two 20-gal propane tanks in the front locker.
• Rear door for access and loading bicycles, kayaks, or other sporting equipment.
• Tie downs for securing bicycles, kayaks, or other sporting equipment.
• Propane valve for a grill or a heater, and a 120-volt outlet on the outside.
• Exterior Zamp port for an additional "suitcase" solar panel.
• SeeLevel II Tank and battery monitor panel.
• SunExplorer solar charge controller and display.
• One of the seating benches is available for storage.
• Two new tires that match the specifications of the original high-quality tires that Airstream equips the Basecamp with. The tires were replaced due to age, not tread wear.
• Airstream dealer installed 3” lift kit.
• Several USB charging ports throughout the interior.
• Exterior Length - 16 ft. 2 in.
• Exterior Width - 7 ft.
• Exterior Height with A/C - 8 ft. 8.75 in
• Maximum Trailer Capacity (GVWR) (lbs.) - 3,500
• The listed tongue weight is 410 lbs. Actual tongue weight depends on how the trailer is loaded.
• Net Carrying Capacity (lbs.) – 850
• 180w Solar Package w/ Upgraded AGM Batteries (x2)
• Fresh Water Tank (gal.) – 21
• Gray and Black Water Combo Tank (gal.) - 24 (Combo)
• Bed Configuration - Seating (24 in. x 76 in.) Half Bed (38 in. x 76 in.) Complete Bed (76 in. x 76 in.)
• 12v Tank Heaters
• City Water Inlet w/ Water Pressure Regulator
• Full Size Spare Tire
• Electric/LP Water Heater – Truma Combi™ Eco Plus